Liberate: Online Workshop Series
Time & Location
About The Event
Join our new workshop series Liberate, facilitated by Ammie Kae, LSW. In this 4 Week workshop series, we will use films like Crooklyn and Eve's Bayou to identify and explore intergenerational traumas and our community's intergenerational strengths. You will learn how to identify and break patterns while honing in on your strengths to change the trajectory of your life. Workshops includes film review, engaging discussion, breakout groups, and unique and empowering perspectives to address the topic. Workshops are every Tuesday from 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM starting on May 12th - June 2nd.
This workshop series will be facilitated by Ammie Kae, LSW & Sista Afya's Founder, Camesha Jones, LCSW .
- Week 1: The What and Why of Intergenerational Trauma.
- Week 2: Me and Mines - How Intergenerational curses and strengths play a part in my life, my relationships and my family.
- Week 3:The Bigger Picture - Learning to break generational curses within the Black community while embracing our intergenerational strengths.
- Week 4: Putting it into Practice- Being active about breaking negative cycles and intentional about healing from trauma they've caused.
This workshop series serves to educate and empower Black women to break cycles of intergenerational trauma while honing in on their strengths. This workshop series does not replace psychotherapy. For a deeper dive into healing from intergenerational trauma will can provide referrals for therapists within our practice and outside referrals to assist you.
- Sold Out4 Workshop Package - $85$85$850$0
- 1 Workshop - Drop-In- $25$25$250$0