Sister Support Group: Embracing Your Body
Time & Location
About The Event
Black women are often told that our bodies are too much or not enough. Constant critique of our bodies by ourselves and others can impact how we see ourselves. Inspired by the book, The Body is Not an Apology, we'll delve into how to radically love and embrace our full selves.
This group will be facilitated by Sista Afya's Founder, Camesha Jones, LSW and Sista Afya Ambassadors.
Support Group is:
- Learning from others about their experiences.
- Creating a healing community space for people to be who they are as they are.
- Provides life skills to improve mental well-being.
Support Group is not:
- Therapy - though it can be therapeutic.
- A place to support people in mental health crisis.
- A place to unload all of your challenges while expecting an immediate fix.
If you'd like to come to group and can't afford the $8 registration fee, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sold OutFree Admission - 1 per person$0$00$0
- General RSVP - $8$8$80$0
- Buddy Pass - Bring A Friend$14$140$0